Sunday, September 28, 2014

Bombini Bombus

Bumblebee
I noticed these bees active the other morning at a spot with early morning sun and little or no breeze.  I don't really need more shots of the bumble bee but it is fun for me.  I decided to try the Sigma 180 mm macro for the shoot.  I used it without any converters and with auto focus.  

Bumblebee
I enjoyed what might be one of the last insect shooting sessions for this season.  The warm sun was on my back, feeling good.  The bees were active.  I was sitting comfortably on my milk carton.

Bumblebee
I know there is no market for these images, but I really enjoy making them. 

Bumblebee
My main insect shooting activity is at the vernal pool.  It was not at all, this year, like it was last year.  It might have been the rain and cold air.  This kind of shooting is what I really enjoy in the summer whether it is bumblebees or dragonflies.  

Bumblebee

I saw a Shadow Darner, dragonfly, down at the vernal pool the other day.  It was hovering every so often but by the time I got setup it was gone and did not return so I left.  Maybe next year.


 
Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: