Thursday, October 2, 2014

What About the Corrolation Between Step Size and f/stop?

False Turkey-tail
This stack of 144 captures was shot at f/8.  It had the tell tale aura also.

With Aura
To date, my best effort has been the one I fixed.

False Turkey-tail
I intend to keep at this until I get it.  I hope I am not boring you.  I feel sorry for Carol.  Her eyes will have crossed long ago.

Aura Removed Manually
I keep wondering if I am reinventing the wheel here.  Does anyone know?
 
My theory is that as step size decreases, DOF must decrease.  As step size increases, DOF must increase.  I theorize that larger steps and DOF's yield less sharp, detailed images.  I theorize that f/2.8 will work for step "small" if the overall stack is not too deep.  I theorize that f/11 might work for step "large".  It might have to be f/16.  Stay tuned.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: