Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finer Points of Macro

False Turkey-tail Post Processed
I found this composition the other day.  I have worked it a lot since.  I wanted to push my technique of focus stacking as far as I could.  I have noticed that stacks of 150 captures get touchy in the processing.  I have been plagued with an aura around what should be sharp edges.  This is my best effort to date for the 150 stack.  It had some post processing cleanup.


False Turkey-tail
This is the same stack as that above with out post precessing.  I hope that you can see the aura between the front most fungus and the wood under it.

Detail of Aura
It was feasible in this image to work it out, see the first image.  There was not that much to do but some require extensive work.

Detail of Aura Removed
 I used Healing Brush and Clone tools to remove the aura.


Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: