Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"f/8 And Be There" Doesn't Always Work

False Turkey-tail
I have been trying to understand the cause/causes of the aura.  I have been trying different step sizes with the Camranger.  I am now assuming that as the step size decreases, the DOF must decrease by opening the aperture wider.

The above is a medium step stack of 18 images and at f/8.

With Aura
Since f/8 did not work with medium step in this case, I decided to try large step.

False Turkey-tail
This capture was a stack of 3, using large step.  It did not please me either.

With Aura
I quickly noted that this one needed more DOF, ie, f/8 was not enough for large steps.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: