Saturday, November 23, 2013

Vernal Pool Print at Henne Winter Festival XII

Vernal Pool
"A seasonal body of standing water that typically forms in the spring from melting snow and other runoff, dries out completely in the hotter months of summer, and often refills in the autumn. Vernal pools range from broad, heavily vegetated lowland bodies to smaller, isolated upland bodies with little permanent vegetation. They are free of fish and provide important breeding habitat for many terrestrial or semiaquatic species such as frogs, salamanders, and turtles."  This from The Free Dictionary by Farlex.

Gorman has several vernal pools.  If I am not mistaken, they are all man made.  They completely fit the definition above.  I have seen them completely dried up.  I have seem them full and over flowing.  I have seen them partially full.  I have seen the little salamanders which live there before emerging.  I have seen tadpoles, frog and toad.  I have see Dragonfly and Damselfly larvae.  I have seen mosquito larvae and much else that I can not think of right now.

This is a print of one of vernal pools.  It is what I call a faux metal print.  It is 18x12 and mounts on the wall in a standoff way.  Please see this to believe.  I think that you will glad you did.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: