Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Faux Metal and Real Metal

Faux Metal and Real Aluminum
The print on the left of the grass flumes is on Simply Eligant Metal Chrome Paper.  The print of the sunflower on the right is on Booksmart Ready-to-print aluminum.  You have to see these prints to appreciate the effect of the media upon which they are printed.

I began my interest in printing on metal over a year ago.  I had noticed "metal prints" advertised in my Outdoor Photographer magazine.  I was curious about it and ordered some prints as Christmas gifts.  I thought they were beautiful.  I liked the standoff mounting very much.  I began experimenting with the SE paper mentioned above.  It really makes the highlights sparkle.  I developed a standoff mounting of my own.  Unfortunately, my mount did not work with Mary's mounting system.  You can't drive a nail in it.  She did not hang any of them for that reason.  I took 14 prints down to her but she had only space to display 5.  Ask her to show you the rest.  They are all beautiful!  I have taken some modifications to the mount down to her so that she can hang them when space opens up.  I want you to see the standoffs in action.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: