Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dragonfly Exuvia

Dragonfly Exuvia
I have been looking for exuvia since the season started.  You might remember some previous shots that I have shared.  I had problems finding any more for two reasons.  The weather turned cool and I don't think they molt during that kind of weather.  Two, I had a male red-winged blackbird determined to keep me away.  I yielded to his pressure when he actually hit my cap.  He has since gone elsewhere and I am permitted to look again.

This one had its legs around some sedge stems.  There was some wind and it was shaking like it might release.  I was afraid to try to handle it because they are so delicate.  I could have done a better job of photographing it in my light box.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 
 
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: