Friday, June 21, 2013

Damselflies

Orange Bluet
I am present at Gorman during a short widow of time and not each day.  I think the weather affects the activity of the Damselflies as it does the other creatures.  It seems to me that the promise of warm sunlight during the day will bring them out.  I know they don't watch the Weather Channel as I do.  It seems that the Damselflies come out before the Dragonflies.  The Damselflies were out in force one morning last week!

Citrine Forktail
They don't seem as flighty as the Dragonflies.  They will sometimes fly closer to me and land.

Citrine Forktail
They sometimes get so close that I must use a closeup lens on my usual insect setup.

Citrine Forktail
I have my breakfast before I go but they are searching for theirs while I watch.

Citrine Forktail
Damselflies are much smaller than Dragronflies.  They are usually about one inch long.  I think they are just as interesting as Dragonflies.  

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: