Monday, January 26, 2015

More Lily Timelapse

Time Lapse Tutorial
I looked around on the Web for Windows timelapse assembly software and found one that I liked, Time Lapse Tool.

I discovered that Adobe Photoshop CS6 and CC6 will assemble timelapse images but was unable to negotiate the free trial.  It would have cost me $10 per month to use CC6.  CS6 is cost prohibitive in my view.  There is no upgrade discount.

Time Lapse Tool, on the other hand is very reasonable and it also gives the option to try before you buy.  It has some features which helped improve my series of captures, one of which is Deflicker.  I learned that you must set all settings to manual.  I had hedged on the issue since I set up the shoot in what is essentially my kitchen.  I knew this might take a couple days.

Lily Time Lapse Camera Setup
I had not thought through how I could eat while this process was going on without changing light levels.  I set ISO to "auto" to hedge a little.  I learned that choice caused flicker in the series as you may have noticed Friday, next to last one.  Time Lapse Tool came to the rescue and greatly improved the flicker, bottom or last one.

"flicker" is one of the several effects available: 
The other effect I used was "Camera Transition".  

Camera Transition Screenshot
You can choose which movement you desire, as you can see.

I originally shot the series with two cameras.  I was able to keep the primary camera going almost continuously.  I have three batteries for two cameras.  I tried to keep the extra one charged.  I did have the primary camera go "dead" during one over night.

 Buy your 2015 Calender Here 


Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 

No comments: