Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sigma 180mm Macro

Scotch Photo Adhesive Over Spray step large
 The Sigma 180mm marco returned from Sigma on the 26th.  I wanted to check it right away so I shot three series with it yet that afternoon.  These captures are all at distane of .9m, far below 1x.  This one was shot at step large on CamRanger and f/8.  I see no movement.

Scotch Photo Adhesive Over Spray step medium
These "growths" are building in my little spray tent were I spray the Scotch Photo Adhesive.  This one was shot with CamRanger at step medium and f/5.6.  Again I see no movement.  They found nothing wrong with the lens so this is what I would expect to see.

Scotch Photo Adhesive Over Spray step small
I have not used this lens for this type of photography.  It has a greater working distance but the same 1x max and speed of the 105mm.

I think that I can seem more detail in the series made with step small.  The stack contained 630 captures.  The stack captured with step medium contained 31 captures and the large step stack 5.

I am still trying to understand the different step sizes offered by CamRanger.  I assume that the smaller step size would offer greater detail.

Buy your 2015 Calender Here 

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: