Friday, January 23, 2015

Lily Timelapse

Lily Timelapse
This was another suggestion from George Lepp.  I bought the flower for Carol for no particular reason.  There was probably Freudian in that.  I always look for tight buds so it will last longer.  When I got it home and gave it to her, I remembered George's suggestion.  She, very graciously, allowed me to borrow them for a couple days.  Please look at it.  It is at the bottom.

The interval suggested was 3 minutes.  I used that.  I set it up on my work bench and than was afraid to change lighting in the room.  It took about one and one half days.  I used my old Logan light box for viewing slides as the light.  The whole arrangement was in a light cube which provided fill light.  I had an intervalometer for one camera and used CamRanger on the other camera.  I did not have rails so I could not gradually modify camera position.  I set my cameras for Large Jpegs.  I had in the back of my mind to make it in 4K, but was thwarted by AVS4U.  I used AVS4U Video editor to make the video.  I went to "edit, settings, edit" and set Image Duration to .042, which gives about the frames per second needed.

Since I was not using flash, I don't know why the lightness changes.  

I am looking for a better way to do this.  AVS4U did seem very unwieldy.  I spent the time waiting on it to move the images around looking for a solution.  George suggested two Mac solutions which did not me, the Windows guy.  His suggestions were:  Apple's QuickTime 7 Pro and Frosthaus' Sequence (frosthaus.com).  

George shared this idea in Outdoor Photographer, February, 2015, "Tech Tips".

I saw macro possibilities and may borrow the flowers back at a later time.

Buy your 2015 Calender Here 


Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: