Monday, January 19, 2015

Lens Problems

Coral Camera Setup
As I continue to try to produce an acceptable image using this lens setup, I got the results shown below.

Coral Anti Chromatic Aberration Only










Coral Anti Chromatic Aberration Only
Coral Anti Chromatic Aberration Only











I had to consider the corrections I was making in Adobe Camera Raw.  Since two lenses are involved and the camera only writes data about the Sigma 180mm macro which shows virtually no need for distortion or chromatic aberration correction. The Sigma 10-20mm lens on the other hand, produces distortion and chromatic aberrations.  I was able to invoke corrections for that lens manually in Adobe Camera Raw.   I decided that the aberration correction must be ceased because we are looking through the lens backward.  I produced the above using only chromatic aberration correction.

Obviously this change did not produce the result I desired.  In the bottom, largest, opening of the coral, note the dark almost horizontal line's width.  I was noticing movement of the subject when none could be happening.  It did not seem to be a uniform amount.  I tried eliminating the captures where the movement was apparent and got these three images.  The movement did not cease!  

Buy your 2015 Calender Here 

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: