Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lens Only Focus Stack

Lens Only Focus Stack
Having eliminated the reverse lens and the coupler as culprits, I shot several stacks with the Sigma 180mm macro only.  The movement is not as easy to see but it is there.  I called Sigma and talked to Paul in the Support Department.  He said that the lens has a floating element which is part of the Optical Stabilization system.  It is controlled by two arms which move it and secure it when OS is "off".  Apparently, those are are not doing their job and allow the floating lens to float during these captures, causing the "un-sharpness".  I packaged the lens and shipped it back to Sigma where it is covered by a 4 year warranty.  I wonder if I bumped it on something sometime.

Buy your 2015 Calender Here 

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: