Saturday, November 29, 2014

Gold or Copper

Quartz Gold Copper Inclusions
Geologically speaking, gold and copper occur in connection with quartz.  As I understand it, the gold of the earth and possibly copper too, sunk to the center because of its mass.  The gold that we find arrived on earth in a meteor and stayed near the crust.  It arrives at the surface via volcanic action, quartz, the second most common mineral on the earth, and water.  It is moved to the surface by the water.

I found this piece in a "silent auction" bucket from the Richland County Lithic and Lapidary show a couple years ago.  The image is highly magnified as you can see below.

Camera Setup
Carol asked me if we were rich after my discovery.  I told her, "Not so much!"  

Buy your 2015 Calender Here 

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: