Thursday, November 27, 2014

Turkeytail Spore Printing

On this day we sometimes call "Turkey Day" I have chosen to discuss Turkeytail Fungus Spore printing.  Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  I am thankful for the freedom to tell you these things.

Turkeytail Spore Printing
I collected a sample while photographing the Turkeytail fungus the other day.  I made my own wax paper bags into which to collect the sample.  I wanted to see if it was fruiting.

Turkeytail Spore Printing
I can't see why a non clear bowl would be any less effective in making a spore print.

Turkeytail Spore Print
I could see no spores on either color of paper.  I plan on doing my spore printing on a microscope slide after today, I am writing on 11/21/14.  The blank slides are scheduled to arrive today.  The papers can be placed under the slide for aid in viewing the spores and the slide can be viewed through the microscope.


Don't forget!  Black Friday is tomorrow!  Buy your 2015 Calender Here 


Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 


No comments: