Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Spore Printing

Making Spore Print Fly Agaric
I placed the cap on black and white paper.  If the spores are light colored, they will show up on the black paper and vice versa.

Making Spore Print Fly Agaric
The bowl is placed upside down over the mushroom to block any moving air which might disturb the spore print.

Fly Agaric Spore Print
An hour might be long enough but I left it there over night.  I really could not observe any spores.  I think that, in this case, the spores might come in the future.  I don't know if the cap will continue to mature once separated from the stem.  I plan on checking.

Fly Agaric Spore Print
This is a more closeup view.  I can see where some fluid from the cap landed on the white paper.  I expected to see the gills printed on the paper where the spores fell off.  I will keep you appraised.

Buy your 2015 Calender

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: