Sunday, March 16, 2014

Birds at Gorman

American Robin
I am sure this bird has been seen but others but it was my first, probably because I am late getting out.

Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Bluebird
These images were captured on March 11.  I knew that I needed to look into the hyperfocal issue from the previous day.  My first thought was that I had been careless in setting to the scale on the lens.  I made another image, similar to the previous day, using the hyperfocus scale first.

Gorman Visitor's Center
I was more careful setting the hyperfocus scale for this one.  The result was disappointing.

closer look

I was disappointed to see that the visitors center was not sharp.  The grass was good.

I became aware by checking sharpness in camera so I tried to think of another way and remember that I had the android app DOF Calculator on my phone.

Visitor Center
I checked the image in camera and was quite pleased.  The lens was set on 35mm so I input that into the app along with my f/setting, f/16.  

Used DOF Calculator App
I input the setting suggested by the calculator and was happy.  This android app is available at the Google Playstore and I believe it is free.  If you try it let me know what you think.

I did a preliminary search to see if anyone had noticed this issue for the Sigma 24-70, f/2.8 lens but could find nothing.  If you are aware of this please let me know.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: