Thursday, March 20, 2014

Speaking of Birds

Savannah Sparrow
This sparrow sat on the tree limb, the back lighting making my shooting difficult.  I thought after this shooting session that the bird probably evaluates the light much as I would and feels more comfortable when it can seem me in good light.

Savannah Sparrow
I liked watching and hearing it do its call.

Savannah Sparrow
I saw another bird that morning.  It was in a dead tree, perhaps excavating a nest hole.  It was very careful to remain on the other side of the limb from me.

Hairy Woodpecker
Shooting was, of course, difficult given the limb in the way.  I thought that the bird was a Hairy Woodpecker.  I fear that I may need camouflage in order to shoot this kind of bird.  Maybe I could sit quietly as the weather warms and make them more comfortable.

 Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: