Saturday, March 15, 2014

Gorman Nature Center

Canadian Geese
I am starting to get back out at Gorman Nature Center as the weather moderates.  I made these shots on March 10.  I captured this image and the following one while making images of the visitor center and pond.

Turkey Vulture
I don't think it news worthy that the Canadian Geese are present but the Turkey Vulture might be considered early.  There were a pair and they were quite active, flying low.  Maybe they were hungry.

Visitor's Center
While making the images above, I had a tripod set up making this.  The idea here is to get the building and the plants in focus.

I discovered a problem with my focusing while doing this.

Visitor's Center
For a reason I can't explain except that I was considering focus and wanted both things sharp, I thought of using the Hyperfocus Scale on the lens, Sigma 24-70mm, f/2.8.  The first image was focused on the opposite shore line, my estimate.  The second image was made using the hyperfocus scale on the lens.  I don't know that you can see it in these images but the estimate, the first one is more in focus at the extremes.

Tomorrow, I will discuss more information discovered on the issue.


Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: