Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"A Vernal Pool" Update

I am writing this last evening.  We had a surprise development today.  I called the Mansfield Art Center, Jerry Francl, to see if he would release me from the contract to show in the Holiday Fair.  I wanted to eliminate any possible repercussions if I were to show else where during the fair.  I said that he would take them back again.  I had just finished the last one on Monday.  I took them over before lunch and they should be hung Wednesday, today.  I will photograph them when hung.

I remade the four that had curled making some modifications.  I attached a larger mounting block for more stability.

Larger Mounting Block
I treated the back of the mount, black mat board, with print shield just like I treat the print itself.

Print Shield Applied to Back of Mount
DO NOT SPRAY IN YOUR LIGHT BOX!  I didn't.  I was just looking for the right light and this was the best shot.

I applied three coats just like I apply to the print itself.  This created additional steps in the production process which I will discuss later.

I discovered while doing these redoes just how durable the Print Shield coating is.  It occurred when some of the latex paint I use on the edges smeared slightly.  I did not notice it right away.  When I did the paint had dried.  I tried to scrape it off to no avail.  I finally, as a last resort, used a dish cloth wet with soapy water.  I was able to wash the paint off the print surface without damaging the print.  I was impressed.

Buy your 2014 Calender Here 

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: