Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"A Vernal Pool" Prints

Prints at MAC
This "show" has consumed quite a lot of time recently.  Some of the prints curled as you can see in this shot.  I don't know why some did and some did not.  Different backing was not the cause.  I have decided that it is probably moist air or temperature.

I am able to bring them home, flatten them and hang them, at home, and they do fine.  When I take them back to MAC they curl.  This hallway wall is close to the front door which is opening quite often.  "The Art of the Brick" has proven quite popular.  I have tried to treat the backs with "Print Shield" the same used on the prints.  It provides a moisture/UV impervious layer.  It comes in a water based roll on product and a lacquer based spray can.  The roll on product makes the material curl.  The lacquer based spray does not.  I found that treating the back post production is not good.  The mat must be treated early in production.  I have remade the four that curled using the treated mat on the back.  I have also enlarged the mounting block to provide more stability.  I while discuss this further at a later time.

"A Vernal Pool" is currently not displayed anywhere.  I am still working on that.
 

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: