Saturday, November 3, 2012

Marine Snail Shell II

Marine Snail Shell
The third day, I shot this one of the back side of the shell.  Again the spiral drew my eye into the picture.  I thought this one had mystery as I could not see the bottom.  I could not seem to get a light positioned to light it all the way to the bottom.  I wonder if a snoot or a focused spot, neither of which I own, would have accomplished lighting it all the way down.  They might have eliminated the mystery I liked, though.

Marine Snail Shell Setup
This is the setup I used for the back side of the shell.  Note that the side lights have the polarizing film over them.  Of course, the lens has the circular polarizing filter mounted.  The light directly to the left of the camera has a Stoffen Diffuser on it.  This was the light with which I tried to plum the depths of the spiral unsuccessfully.  I really like the results from the polarizing film.

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

 

No comments: