Monday, October 29, 2012

Creatures Seen Recently

American Goldfinch
I think this is a male.  This shot is a good example of how the bright yellow summer plumage changes in Winter. 

Song Sparrow
I have never seen a song sparrow raise its crest.

Cabbage White Butterfly
Besides this butterfly, I saw some kind of dragonfly, a large one.  I did not get a close look but I would guess it to be a shadow darner because of the lateness of the season.  I talked to a friend the other day who said she saw an autumn meadow hawk dragonfly.

These are all creatures I saw during the warm weather on October 24, and 25.  The insects will be gone when the cool weather returns.  Some of the birds will remain and be easier to photograph because they are feeding on the weed seeds.   Also because the leaves are about off the trees.


http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: