Friday, October 26, 2012

Insects of Summer Retrospective I

Honey Bee
I love the feel of the yellow!  I don't know if I shot this for the flower or the bee.  I can tell you that my attention was on the bee's eyes as I worked the scene.   

Honey Bee
 This little guy stayed all night.  Dew covered its wings and body as you can see.  Just look at that yellow!  We won't see that for a while.

Bumble Bee
This bee is on golden rod.  Those yellow flowers excite it too!

Meadow Grasshopper
I don't think that they have strong directional control when they fly.  They jump as far as they can and flutter their wings.  The wings prolong their time being airborne but there is a limit to the distance they travel.

MORE TOMORROW

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: