Thursday, November 20, 2014

Witches' Butter

Witches' Butter
I found this on the end of the log of a fallen tree.  The trail maintenance crew cut out the log segment over the trail and removed it.  This growth occurred at the bark line of the cut on both sides.

Witches' Butter
I walked past this site several times this fall.  I thought the color unusual but did not really home in on it until one day, I recognized the color and photographed it.  I was sure I had seen it in my ID guide.

I am letting my fertile imagination range here, but I think that it was collected by a hiker for ID.  It looks like this.  What do you think?  Have I gone too far?

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: