Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Turning Point



This mushroom photograph represents a turning point for me.  My approach to photographing nature has been that I do not remove the entity from its domain.  I do not capture insects, birds (I think that may be illegal), or animals.  I have sometimes removed a plant or more likely an bloom or stem but usually not.  I have put the pressure on myself to photograph it adequately for ID.



I thought that if I knew enough I could photograph it adequately for ID.



I thought that my photography and nature life knowledge would progress evenly.  

I have come to a point that I realized I can't follow my established protocol with some things especially mushrooms.  I don't know what species this image represents.  I have been told by an authority whom I respect that it is probably not what I thought it was.  I have trusted his knowledge to the point of eating unknown mushrooms, to me, and I survived.  That is the basis of my trust.


 Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 

No comments: