Saturday, September 13, 2014

Monarch Mimic

Viceroy Butterfly
  This species is the reason that I must get a good look at a butterfly before I can say I have seen a Monarch Butterfly.  Butterfly populations including Viceroy and Monarch have dropped off significantly over the last few years.

I recently received e-mail asking me to sign a petition to tell the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to Protect the Threatened Monarch Butterfly.  I did so and now I am asking you to sign the petition also.  MoveOn.org and others cite farming practices and hence farmers as the cause of the problems.  I, personally, am not convinced that local farming practices are the cause here in Richland County.  Gorman Nature Center has a very healthy supply of Milk Weed plants just not butterflies to use them.  At any rate, the federal government tells the farmers what to do so the federal government must act to protect the Monarch and others.  Please help the Monarch Butterfly!

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 

No comments: