Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tall Ironweed and Goldenrod

Tall Ironweed and Goldenrod
I have to watch myself that I don't walk into an image before I capture it.  This is one of those situations.

This ironweed has attracted my attention for years.  I have tried to photograph it multiple times.  I had on the camera a 180 mm lens mounted on a 2x teleconverter the other day and decided to shoot this plant again.  The background, in the shade from the point at which I stood, looks almost black.  It emphasizes the light on the plants.  The sizes involved preclude my using a light modifier.  I think that softer light would add but I don't have one large enough.

An aside:  I realized, recently, that the colors of the blooms complement each other further enhancing the beauty of the capture.



Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 
 

No comments: