Friday, April 18, 2014

The Point is Important

Eastern Goldfinch
I have been seeing this kind of bird for several weeks this spring.  They are growing their summer plumage.  They usually stay around here during winter.  I don't know if they did this year with the bad weather.  Does anyone know?

Eastern Goldfinch
I have been aware for some time that the eye is the most important part of the animal to have in focus.  Knowing that, I was a bit unsure of the rules for the tip of the beak.  I have since decided that the tip must be in view.  The beaks in these shots are all too close for my comfort.

Eastern Goldfinch
I decided about it back when Carol and I used the watch "Monk", the OC detective, on TV.  Remember how he would walk down the street touching car antennas, parking meters, etc.?  I, one day, decided he was right about the tips of things.

Eastern Goldfinch
For me, I not only need to see the eye sharp but the tip of the beak, when possible and the tip of the tail, too.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: