Saturday, April 19, 2014

Hoodman and Sandisk

Part for Hoodcrane
Hoodman has a 3" loupe which aids in using "live view" for focusing.  I also use it for video and I have been doing video lately.  The hoodcrane allows me to mount it on my camera via the hot shoe.  I inadvertently broke this piece during storage.  I went to the Hoodman web site to look for parts but could find none.  As a last resort, I sent them email stating my need.  The very nice Sales Administrator, Vanessa Diggs, asked for a picture of the part I needed and I sent her this one.  She emailed back saying she would send me one.  Thanks Hoodman and Vanessa.

While on this type of thing, I use SanDisk CF cards in my camera.  I have two 16 GB ones, one Extreme and the other Extreme Pro.  I learned that these cards have a lifetime warranty and I recently invoked it on my Extreme Pro.  I had to ship them my non functional one and they sent me a new one.  It sort of eases the thought of spending $75 for a card when you think how long a lifetime is.


No comments: