Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stream Bed Series

Stream Bed 2155_9539_9541
I thought I would never again see sand in the stream bed with waves in the vicinity of bridge 2.  We had massive, for our stream, flash flooding last season.  All the sand washed out of the stream and onto the trail running parallel to and south of the stream.  It also flowed into the frog pond.   I was wrong, as you can see, it is reforming.

In the past I have produced these images as B&W prints.  I kind of like them in color, at least these.

Stream Bed 2155_9524_9526
I used a circular polarizing filter on these.  The dark detritus is in depressions below sand "mountains."  The detritus drops out of the current into these depressions after it passes over the mountain tops.  The current is running top left the bottom right.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: