Friday, April 4, 2014

Shadows on a Snowy Morning




Snowy Gorman Nature Center
March 30, 2014 dawned showing a good bit of snow from the night before.  I thought the snow on the pines between the visitors center and the pond beautiful.  I had hoped to show it with this shot.  The two things wrong here are:  1. The lens was too wide.  The trees seem too far away.  2.  The sun was at a point in the sky where I could not get the tripod shadow out of the shot.  I walked all around and could not eliminate it.

Snowy Gorman Nature Center
The best I could do was to stand in the shade of one of the many cedar trees growing in this meadow.

Driftwood Tree Roots

You may remember this scene.  I wanted to shoot it with the snow on the ground.  I was able, in this case, to place the camera in the shade of the tree.

GNC Bridge 3
The shadows worked best when traveling right to left at an angle.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: