Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 25 Visit to Gorman

Trail Amidst Burned Old Growth.

The first thing I noticed was selective burning in the prairie environment.

Ice On The Pond
All the ice on the pond was thin ice which had formed the previous night.

I have been watching for the pond to thaw because thawing is one step closer to migrating ducks which I like to photograph.  I think that I must be allert.

Ice On The Trail
We still have ice on the trail from last winter.  There are a few places where the sun is blocked from prolonged access to the trail.  I am pleased that I can now get around it on safe dry trail.

Red-tailed Hawk
Crows chasing a hawk has been an enigma to me for several years.  I know they do.  I don't know if it is always a Red-tailed or not.  I don't know why they do it.  The crows usually number four or more.  It is a community effort.  I wonder if the hawk tries to feed on carrion designated as belonging to the crows.  Does anyone know why?

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: