Saturday, April 12, 2014

Samsung Galaxy S4 Camera

Tammy
This is the only shot in which the camera nailed the focus.  This is great quality in my opinion.

Carol
This one is not sharp.  The camera opted not to use flash on this one, a "glaring mistake", pun intended.  I had the flash set on auto.  I probably will need to force flash on shots like this.

Chad
 This is not sharp.  I was uncomfortable with the white balance, set on auto.  Complexion looks too green.  I did moderate neutralizing in PS C5.

Chris
This one is unsharp, disappointing.

Chris and Hannah
Hannah is almost sharp but Chris is not.  I had face recognition on.  I don't know why it came out this way.  I suppose I need to read the manual.

Hannah and Nathan
I so seldom see these two.  Not to have them in focus is unforgivable.  I must find out how to make this camera focus accurately.  Other wise, I won't use it.

I am encouraged that it nailed focus on one shot.  I know that I need to be smarter than the camera.  Maybe I can learn to make it work.  The camera chose 1/30 and f/2.2 quite a lot.  I had antishake off.  I wondered if the shutter speed was too long but the flash should have frozen the subjects.  It chose a wide variation of ISO settings.  I wonder if it compensates for a weak flash by adding higher ISO.

It is best to use a camera before taking it to an occasion like this.  I had used it here at home and thought it might perform better than it did on auto.

I should add that downloading images from the phone to my computer was straight forward.  Images were easy to find.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: