Monday, March 3, 2014

Quartz-Lava

Quartz Lava?
This is another shot of the piece from yesterday.  Parts of this, appear to me, to be lava.  It looks like the quartz or chalcedony flowed in over the lava.



I used my CN-160 led light for this video.  I shot at f/11 and 30 frames per sec.  I use AVS4U software for movies.  I used the following setup.

Quartz/Lava Movie Setup
I bought the above light not long after I bought a camera capable of movies.  I liked the price but it is a low end light and not only have I wished for a more powerful one but I have wished for a second light.  I have yet to get the money together for either.

Scale for Movie
 I used my Sigma 105mm on 32mm of extension tubes.  By my calculations, it provided 1.05 x on the sensor.

 Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: