Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chalcedony/Metamorphic?

Chalcedony/Metamorphic?
The green rock in the upper right has layers.  That says to me, "Sedimentary."  I am pretty sure that Sedimentary rock can not exist in juxtaposition to the other kinds of rock without metamorphosis occurring.  As a result, I think that the rock in the upper right hand corner is some kind of metamorphosed sedimentary rock.  The rock in the lower left appears to me to have occurred in two stages.  The red, some form of quartz, came first and then the white, quartz, was injected while it was hot.  What do you think?

Chalcedony/Metamorphic
I purposely left the bottom edge with a white background to see what effect it would have on the final image.  I have made images that I felt were executed well but were not grounded, they seemed to float.  This one does not suffer from that short coming in my opinion.  What do you think?

Chalcedony/Metamorphic Setup
The purpose of the light box in my setup was to enhance the translucent quartz.  The top light provided lighting for the non light transmitting material.  

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: