Thursday, March 13, 2014

More Harvester Ant

Harvester Ant
Did I mention that they have a beard?

Harvester Ants
I think that the one in the rear is dead.  The others just walk past it.  They tunnel and the gel in which they do so is greenish yellow.

Harvester Ant
I have missed photographing insects.  I have been anxious for spring so that I can resume that activity.

I found that the angle is critical so that the mandibles are visible.  If you don't get the right angle it looks like they have a beak.  Their skin is wrinkled.  I hope they are not dehydrating.  They probably aren't.

Megan needed to get back the ant farm for a lesson this morning.  I am supposed to get it back later so that I can continue photographing them.  I will share any good ones.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: