Friday, January 31, 2014

Wildlife Photography

White-tailed Deer
I chose this image for my 2014 Calendar for the family.  It has the magical number of subjects, three.  It was shot in September, probably before the male began to regrow his antlers.  

The problem I encountered was the lack of sharp focus on all three.  I shot them hand held using my Sigma 50 - 500 lens.  There were three captures, roughly 3/8 of a second before they moved.  I rejected all three images.  Two days later as I walked and thought, I wondered if they had held still during that short period time.  I check the images again and found that they had and miracle of miracles I had two images in which all three were sharply focused.  I used focus stacking in CS5 and made one good shot out of two.

Buy your 2014 Calender Here 


Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: