Saturday, August 3, 2013

Other Wildlife

Turkey Hens and Poults
I had a morning a couple weeks ago when it was foggy.  I saw some interesting wildlife that I don't always see.

I knew we had turkeys in that area of the "meadow" from earlier in the spring when I surprised one and it surprised me.  The first I knew of it was when I heard the "whump, whump, whump" of it flying away.  It was too quick for me to get a shot.

This foggy morning the hens had their poults along and I was almost sure they would not fly.  They walked down the trail in a feigned nonchalance.  I walked slowly behind them making shots as I went.  They rounded a corner and by the time I arrived there they had disappeared.

Deer Fawn and Sign
 I saw these fawn the first thing that same morning.  You can see a little of the fog in the air.  I did not realize the perfect posses they had given me until later when I sat at the computer.  They seem to be getting directions from the sign while keeping an eye on me.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: