Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Fragile Forktail

Fragile Forktail
I am looking for another damselfly and mistook this one for it.  It is also a forktail.

I found that I had to be exceedingly careful not to over expose the light colors on the thorax.  My camera had to show it as slightly underexposed before I did not blow out the light colors.

Fragile Forktail
I noted that this damselfly came out after the Eastern Forktail had been out for a while.  It came out before the Slaty Skimmers and other dragonflies did.

Fragile Forktail
I don't carry my identification book with me in the field.  I had three large shoots before I finally realized that it was not the damselfly for which I was looking.

I needed to add images of it to my collection so all was not lost.  The damselfly for which I am searching is the Citrine Forktail.  They told me they have seen it at Gorman so I am still on the hunt.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: