Sunday, August 4, 2013

Citrine Forktail

Citrine Forktail
I finally got shots of the Citrine Forktail.  I almost gave up at a point when I discovered that my supposed shots of it since 2009 were not correctly identified.  I then went back and read the e-mail saying they had seen one on July 18 when they visited Gorman.  They said where they had seen it and I looked there.

Citrine Forktail
The weather had changed since July 18.  The cooler weather, I think, has an effect on their behavior.  I thought back to the day they visited and the time of day.  It was late morning.  I decided to look later in the day than I had been.  I went to the location where I remembered hearing them discuss the Citrine Forktail.  I was successful!

I feel a burden lifted.  It will now be recognized at the state level as being in Richland County!

I meant to mention that this is a small damselfly.  The length range for males is 0.83-0.98 in. and for females 0.83-1.02 in.  Also according to the book, it is at the end of its flying time of June and July.  Its status is listed as:  uncommon to rare.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: