Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Halloween Pennant

Halloween Pennant
I recently, several days ago, added a new Dragonfly to my collection of photographs.  It was the Halloween Pennant shown above.  This individual is probably a male.

Halloween Pennant
I have been photographing insects at Gorman for ten years and have not photographed it.  It is not new to the county, I just have not seen it.

Halloween Pennant
I think the insects are responsive to the weather in their activities.  I might just get there too early to see the Halloween Pennant.  Both times I have seen it, the time was late morning.

This morning, we had a mostly cloudy cool, 55 degrees.  I waited as long as I could before going but it was still cool.  I wore my jacket when the sun was under a cloud.  I saw one bee, one butterfly, and one damselfly.  I made no image captures.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: