Sunday, July 28, 2013

Condensation On The Lens II

Blue Dasher
This shot is one made through a lens covered with condensation.  It was very humid that morning and the moment I removed the lens cap it fogged up.  On a whim, I decided to shoot anyway to see what would happen.  You could barely see the insect until I had "curves" in Photoshop neutralize the image.  I would say that I like what "curves" does maybe 66% of the time.  I really did not expect to like it this time but I did.  It sharpened up the insect.  I think this might look good printed with some kind of painting filter.

Culver's Root
This plant is in bloom, currently.  I go for a year at a time before I see it bloom again.  It catches my attention every year but this is the first year I was able to remember its name.  I had fog on the lens for this shot but I set up anyway and shot.  Focus, as you might think, is difficult through the fog.  I left the camera setup and while I waited on the fog to clear I shot insects elsewhere with the backup camera.  Again, "Curves" did it.  I am afraid to show it to Carol because I don't think she will like the greenish yellow.  I am pretty sure she will like the blue.  I liked this one better than the one I made after the lens cleared.

Culver's Root
The stems and leaves are whorled around the stock.  There are five and this shot does not show that well.  I find the rattlesnake master at the bottom distracting because of the light tone.  There is a tall plant, probably grass, the the left which bothers me, too.  I used f/8 on this shot.  I think that I would like to try for a shallower DOF, depth-of-field.  I have given myself a redo on this, that is if I can find one in such pristine condition with the right light.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: