Saturday, January 26, 2013

Inkjet Metal Prints

Lesser Scaup Print
The colors of this print are beautiful.  The metal paper makes them sparkle.  My granddaughter said to me this past weekend, "Grandpa, wouldn't it be wonderful if everything in the world sparkled?"

Print Separation
I have been noticing print separation on the earliest of these prints that I made.  Initially, I sprayed only the backing with adhesive.  I decided that I wanted a permanent bond so I sprayed also the back of the printing paper.  You can imagine, I am sure, that that process can get messy and out of hand.  The other possible cause for the separation that I have thought of is the Sharpie permanent marker on the edges might be causing the separation.  Sharpie has an acid free marker that is water based paint.  It just came today so I will use it from hence fourth.  

Darkening the Edges
My friend, Paul, suggested that I might want to darken the edges.  I had a Sharpie permanent marker in the jumbo size on hand so I used that.  I really like the result except I have the haunting feeling that the chemicals might damage the longevity of my print.  

Buy your 2013 Calender Here 


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



 

No comments: