Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pinhole Camera II

Camera Back
The back slides off the front for film/paper installation.

Inside the Pinhole Camera
In this shot you will notice the inside view of the pinhole and that the entire inside is black.

Simulated Photo Paper Installed.
When the front slides back into the back it holds the film/paper in place

My instructor, Jeff Sprang, suggested that I use photographic paper in my camera.  It has a low ISO so I was not rushed with the exposure.  He suggested that I try 10 seconds.  Without his suggestion, I would have had to experiment until I found the right length of time for the exposure.

I should mention that the pinhole "lens" reverses the image just like a standard lens.  

Negative
The image was reversed from side to side and in tone, black to white and viceversa.

I developed this "paper" negative just I would a print.  I then exposed another piece of photo paper much as you would with a contact print.  To make a contact print, you place the negative over print paper and expose it to the light.  The result is a positive print.

Positive Print
Not having a tripod mount on my camera, I rested it on a picnic table for the exposure.

You may note that this process tends to loose sharpness as it progresses.

Tomorrow I will show a way to apply the pinhole lens to digital photography.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.




No comments: