Thursday, November 22, 2012

Deposited Rock

Deposited Rock
I have seen pictures of places like Yellow Stone and Dallol where minerals are deposited from waters carrying them from beneath the earth.  I don't know if that makes them sedimentary rocks or not.  It certainly is not the idea of sedimentary rock, like limestone, that I have entertained thus far.  

This shot lacks lighting in the most interesting part.  I used a flash on either side but neither lighted the depression.  I added a third flash just to the left of the camera with Stoffen diffusor mounted.

Deposited Rock
The third light added just enough, directional light to remove the mystery about the depression.  I can see that which I wish to see.

Deposited Rock Setup
http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.

 
Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: