Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Food

Scalloped Oysters
For a time in the 50's and 60's, we gathered at the farm to eat too much food.  We tried to have the crops all harvested by Thanksgiving and were thankful that all that work was completed.  The Rausches thought our life idyllic.  I suppose we thought the same about their lives.  One year, Betty brought the fixings for the above recipe.  We all liked it so well that it became a Thanksgiving tradition just like pumpkin pie and date/nut bread.

Thanksgiving Food
Fast forward to post oil spill 2012.  I am thankful that I will get to see my seven grandchildren and their parents that day.  I am making the scalloped oysters again this year.  Not having the recipe with me I mistakenly bought heavy whipping cream instead of half & half.  Don't tell my heart doctor.  I think that the oysters my be good for my heart or my libido or something.  Maybe that will make up for the cream.

Last year I wanted to photograph the steps but for some reason didn't do it.  I hope to do it this year.

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: