Monday, November 19, 2012

Eulalia Grass III

Eulalia Grass
I shot this the other morning as the sun rose through, to above the trees to the East.  When I started to work on the images in Adobe Bridge, I noticed that I found the multiple, similar images pleasing.  I think they may create a rhythm which adds to the overall effect of the image.  I decided to make this composite to explore the idea.

I learned that my computer has a limit to the size of the images processed.  This was a too big bite for the old girl.  We got it worked out but it took a day longer.  

Eulalia Grass
You may remember from Eulalia Grass II that I wanted more of a bokah, a blur, for the background.  It was not possible to achieve with the lens chosen.  I used my Sigma 50 - 500mm lens at 500mm for this shot.  I consider the background to be that for which I strove.  

Eulalia Grass
I zoomed out to 116mm for this shot.  I did not change any other settings or the position of the camera.  My lovely bokah is gone!

Eulalia Grass

This is a shot from later as the sun cleared the trees.  It is too bad the seeds are almost gone.  I was disappointed to note that the inflorescences were grouped differently that morning precluding the three head grouping that I liked.  

Carrie had indicated her like for this type of shot and I hope that I have given her options to consider.  These all posses the sharpness I desired along with good detail and dynamic lighting.  I wish that I could offer it all but things change.  The first shot that she liked was spur of the moment and hand held.  It is up to her.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: