Friday, February 17, 2012

Pitted Rock

Pitted Rock
This rock looked nondescript until I examined it under a hand lens.  It became quite interesting to me as I noticed the pits lined with a reddish material, maybe some form of iron.  I photographed it using Deep DOF and also noticed that at some locations it appears that there are pits with a "lid" on them.  I thought of trying to pop these out to see if the interior was like the others but I think that they are too small given the tools I posses.  I don't think I could see these small places well enough to use a straight pin.

Deformed Rock
This shot has been in the "blog" folder for so long that I do not remember why it was there except that I like to look at it.  I did notice some greenish/blue material in the upper left.  I have to imagine that heat and force shaped this rock like it does so many.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook. 

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: