Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Modifications to Precision Model LC150-14

Precision Model LC150-14
I just looked up this cart and they still sell it.  I think that it is a good value even though a bit more expensive these days.  Precision Model LC150-14    

The weaknesses are two fold.  The 5.5 cubic foot "tub" is the only connection between the handles and the wheels.  That is OK for light duty, but when trying to drag this thing  through the forest, over logs and the like, I think it needs more "beef".  

Precision Model LC150-14
If you can see through the mud, I added steel angles between the handle and the axle.  It takes a lot of stress of the "tub".  I also found that the back corners of the tub brake, especially in cold weather.  I strengthened them with epoxy and bolted on brackets.  That helps but you still need to replace the tub every few years.


My Modifications to Precision Model LC150-14
You may not be looking for a cart to pull around your camera and tripods, but if you are, I heartily recommend this one for use at Gorman Nature Center.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: